There couldn’t be an easier way to make a fun, tasty family dinner. And it makes a little chicken go a long way. Try this with pork or beef too.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tin whole peeled diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Cajun or Mexican spice mix
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tin mild chilli beans
- Sea salt & cracked pepper
- Nacho chips, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
- Grated cheese, to serve
- Salsa, to serve
- Combine onion, garlic, chicken, tomatoes, spices, sweet chilli sauce and seasoning in a Crock-Pot, slow cooker or heavy lidded casserole dish.
- Cook for 3-4 hours at 160oC in the oven or 4-5 hours on medium in the slow cooker until the chicken is tender. Shred the chicken pieces with a fork, then add the beans and heat through.
- Serve the chicken mixture over crunchy nacho chips and top with sour cream, grated cheese, then serve with fresh tomato salsa and a drizzle of sweet chilli.
Take a look at this chicken and bean enchiladas recipe here.