Total time15 minutes
Good to freeze – perfect for entertaining. Preparation: 10min. Cooking: 15min. Makes: 3 cups
350g chicken livers, trimmed
3 shallots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup brandy
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Extra melted butter
1. Heat a frying pan and melt 50g butter. once it’s bubbling, cook livers until coloured on each side but still pink in the middle. Remove from the pan and place in a blender or food processor.
2. Gently cook shallots and garlic until tender. Lift from the pan and add them to the livers.
3. Increase the heat and pour in the brandy, allow to bubble and reduce and then transfer to the blender.
4. Chop the remaining butter and add to the mixture. Season generously with salt and pepper and then process until smooth.
5. Spoon paté into small dishes and top with extra melted butter and thyme leaves.
6. Serve on toasted brioche or bread.