10th June, in Recipes
Total time30 minutes
Make a turkey burger by swapping chicken mince for turkey. Preparation: 15min. Cooking: 15min. Serves: 4
400g chicken mince
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped sage
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1/4 cup flour
1 cup panko crumbs
3 tbsp oil
75g brie, sliced
6 rashers bacon
Handful of mesclun leaves
1/3 cup cranberry sauce
1. Preheat oven to 150C. Mix chicken mince, onion, 1 egg, sage, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs together in a bowl.
2. Form mixture into 4 patties and dust with flour.
3. Whisk remaining egg in a shallow bowl and place panko crumbs in another shallow bowl.
4. Dip patties into egg, then into panko crumbs.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan and cook patties until golden on each side.
6. Place a slice of brie on each pattie and place in a baking dish, transfer to the oven.
7. Wipe out frying pan and cook bacon until starting to crisp. At the same time, slice bagels in half and toast until golden.
8. Assemble bagel bases on plates, top with a few leaves, a little bacon and a dollop of sauce. Top with chicken pattie, bacon, leaves and the bagel lid.