These cute little muffin puffs tick all the boxes: tasty, filling and with googly cheerio eyes. You could make them into
mini muffins if you cut the cheerios into tiny pieces.
- 2½ cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp herb and garlic salt
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup oil
- 1¼ cups milk
- 12 cheerios
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a muffin tin with paper cases. Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir in salt and cheese.
- Whisk the eggs, oil and milk together. Cut cheerios into quarters. Mix the egg mixture and 24 cheerio quarters into the cheese mix until just combined.
- Spoon into cases, top each puff with two cheerio pieces and bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden.
For more party treat recipes, see the Food & Recipes section.
About Jo Wilcox
"I have had a love of food my whole life. Lucky for me my mum allowed me to play in the kitchen from the very beginning – from sitting up on the bench watch her peeling peaches for preserving or planning dinner parties from her many Womans Weekly Cookbooks. Starting in my local beach café, I went onto professional cookery training and my big foodie OE working as a professional chef and nanny. At 21 I launched my first restaurant. The following years saw me owning a gourmet cake and dessert shop and then a pasta deli before I discovered the world of food styling. Today I work in food styling making food look beautiful and tasty in packaging and advertising shoots, as well as my most important role yet – Food Editor of New Zealand Woman’s Weekly. I aim to provide great meal solutions that are interesting and approachable, and of course gorgeous foodie photos that make you want to cook them! I love the feedback and the knowledge that people actually cook them and have great results. If I can give someone a love of cooking and enjoying family meal times and gatherings then my job is done!" See www.jowilcox.co.nzmore of this author