- 2 sheets ready-made puff pastry, cut into 8-10cm circles
- ¼ cup almond butter or paste
- 1 cauliflower head
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 200g venison sausage, thinly sliced
- 100g crumbly sheep’s feta
- 50g roasted almonds, crushed
- 3 tbsp fresh mint leaves, torn
- 3 tbsp fennel fronds
- 3 tbsp fresh basil leaves, torn
- Handful baby rocket leaves
1 Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Place the pastry discs between two sheets of baking paper, between two baking trays and bake for 10-12 minutes. Once baked and cooled, spread with the almond butter.
2 Cut or break the cauliflower into small florets and blanche in boiling salted water. Drain, then toss in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Chargrill the cauliflower with the venison sausage on a hot barbecue, or in a chargrill pan.
3 In a bowl, combine the cauliflower, sausage, feta, almonds, herbs and rocket. Toss together with the curry oil (below). Arrange on top of the pastry and drizzle with a little of the excess curry oil.
- 4 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp curry powder
1 In a small saucepan, bring the oil and curry powder to a simmer, then remove from heat.