Total time15 minutes
Ready in 15 minutes, serves 2-4
- 2 heads broccoli (cut into florets) or 10 stems of slender baby broccoli
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 200g cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp chopped chilli (seeds removed)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A splash of good olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Fill a medium-sized pot half way with water and add a pinch salt. Bring to boil, add broccoli and cook for a few minutes.
2. Drain broccoli into colander and plunge into a bowl of ice water. This will stop the cooking process. Drain broccoli onto paper towels to get rid of excess water.
3. Add to a large bowl with all the remaining ingredients and gently combine with clean hands.
Eat this salad the day it is made. It is not designed to keep beyond that – it is best eaten fresh and with gusto. The success of this salad is also made possible by having the cottage cheese at room temperature when you fold it through the vegetables – it combines better and gives a creamier consistency. Even 15-20 minutes out of the fridge helps.