- 6 large field mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for dressing
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 500g wholemeal penne pasta
- 200g leftover champagne ham, roughly chopped
- 150g ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp pecorino cheese, finely grated
- 2 ficelle loaves or small French sticks, sliced
- 100g red chard (silverbeet)
- 100g red mesclun mix
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Dijon mustard, to serve
1 Preheat the oven to 160ºC. Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper. Roast for about 10 minutes, then slice.
2 Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. In a large casserole dish, combine the pasta, béchamel (below), ham, ricotta and mushrooms. Sprinkle with the pecorino and bake for 30 minutes. Serve with bread and salad mix. Drizzle with the oil, lemon juice and mustard.
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 2 cup milk, warmed
- 4 tbsp pecorino cheese, finely grated
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 Over a medium heat, melt the butter in a saucepan until bubbling. Add the flour and stir. Allow to cook for 1 minute.
2 Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly until a smooth sauce is reached. Add the pecorino and mustard, and stir until totally combined.