Total time30 minutes
You have never had cupcakes like these before – they are the best. We decorated them with passionfruit icing and topped each one with an edible flower.
Ready in 30 minutes, makes 14
- 125g soft butter
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs (number 6)
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup milk
- Passionfruit pulp
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC fan bake.
2. Place softened butter into cake mixer and beat until white for 5 minutes, then add sugar and continue to beat.
3. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time. Sift in flour and add milk and beat quickly, but surely (10 beats is ideal). Do not over-mix.
4. Place into cupcake cases and bake for about 25 mins – or when spongy to touch – and pale golden brown.
5. Cover with passionfruit icing, then split and fill with freshly whipped cream, or leave as is.
Beat together 2 cups icing sugar, 1 tbsp soft butter and 1 tbsp cream cheese, thinning to the right consistency with passionfruit syrup.