This is a great way to enjoy the flavours of a traditional curry in a new way. You can add extra vegetables such as courgette and cherry tomatoes. Try to use a tender beef cut such as fillet, sirloin or scotch so it’s quick to cook and tender.
- 400-500g diced beef
- ¼ cup rogan josh paste
- ½ cup water
- 10-12 baby potatoes
- 1 red onion, halved and cut into wedges
- 1 red capsicum, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- Spinach leaves, salad greens and poppadums to serve
- Raita – ¼ cucumber, finely diced, ½ cup natural Greek-style yoghurt, ½ tsp lime and chilli spice
- Combine the beef, rogan josh paste and water, mixing well. Set aside to marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Par-cook the potatoes until just tender, then when cool, cut into quarters. Arrange the marinated meat, potatoes, red onion, capsicum and mushroom, alternating onto metal or pre-soaked bamboo skewers. Brush with oil, then grill or bake the skewers for 4-5 minutes each side until the meat is cooked to your liking and the vegetables are tender and coloured.
- Serve with a mixed-leaf salad, golden poppadums and raita (combine all ingredients and season to taste).