Total time60 minutes
- 125 g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 large, ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp boiling milk
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 150 C fan bake. Grease a 22cm ring cake tin. Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale, then add eggs, one at a time. Stir in mashed bananas.
2. Dissolve baking soda in boiling milk and stir into beaten mixture. Fold in the sifted flour. Spoon mixture into the prepared cake tin, smoothing the surface.
3. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from tin and spread with chocolate icing (recipe follows), once cold.
- 50g softened butter
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 tbsp boiling water
1. Beat butter and icing suger together in a bowl.
2. Add cocoa and boiling water and beat until creamy.