Total time60 minutes
Ready in 60 minutes, makes 24 slices.
My auntie Alice, who is a wonderful cook, tells me her immediate family have been demanding this slice for years.
- 125g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 cup sultanas
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 25g butter, softened
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 cup coconut threads, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
2. Grease a 20 x 30cm slice tin.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat in with the golden syrup.
4. Fold the sultanas into 1 cup of the flour to coat. Add this to the creamed mixture with an extra 1 cup of flour and the baking powder. Pour the mixture into the pan.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. While in the oven, prepare the icing by combining the icing sugar, butter and hot water. When the cake is cool, cover with icing and toasted coconut.