Total time25 minutes
Ready in 25 minutes, serves 4.
- 20 asparagus spears, washed and trimmed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 small clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp red chilli, finely sliced
- Salt and milled pepper to taste
- 8-12 slices air-dried ham
- 4 poached eggs
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
1. Wash and trim the asparagus spears. Remove the woody parts from the bottom of the stalks.
2. Pour enough water, about 1cm deep, into the bottom of a saucepan. Add the butter, garam masala, garlic and chilli, and bring to a quick simmer. Add the asparagus, season with salt and pepper, cover with a lid and cook until spears are tender.
3. To serve, place thinly sliced ham onto four plates. Divide the asparagus between them and spoon one or two tablespoons of the cooking juices over top. Add the poached egg and parmesan cheese for a little extra flavour.