Total time30 minutes
Give these delicious winter apple and date mini puddings a go.
- 60g butter, softened 1⁄2 cup loosely packed
- Muscovado or brown sugar 1 tbsp golden syrup 2/3 cup dates, chopped
- 100g butter, melted 2 tbsp treacle 3 eggs 1⁄2 tsp orange zest 2/3 cup self-raising flour 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 generous cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed muscovado or brown sugar
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and finely diced
- Cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)
1. Place 4 moulds (we used ramekins) in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
2. Place the 60g of butter, muscovado or brown sugar and golden syrup into a food processor. Process until combined or mix the ingredients together in a bowl with a wooden spoon. Using a palette knife, spread the mixture evenly inside each ramekin or mould. Place the ramekins or moulds back in the freezer until you need to use them.
3. Heat your oven to 170°C on bake or 150°C on fan bake.
4. Place all the remaining ingredients in the food processor and pulse until combined. Alternatively, mix together in a bowl with a wooden spoon.
5. Divide the mixture evenly between the ramekins. Cover them with tin foil and bake for 15 minutes. Turn out onto plates and serve with cream and/or vanilla ice cream.
TIP: Muscovado sugar gives an extra intensity of flavour, but you can use brown sugar instead.