Try experimenting with the dressing on this recipe- you could add lime or chilli.
- 600g small new potatoes, scrubbed
- 300g green beans, trimmed
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced
- 500g lamb leg or shoulder steaks
- Orange and mint dressing:
- Juice and finely grated zest
- of 2 oranges
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground
- black pepper
1. Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain, cool and slice in half.
2. Steam beans for 3 minutes so they stay nice and green. Plunge into cold water, then drain.
3. Pan-fry lamb steaks in a little oil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium rare.
4. Place to one side to rest for 10 minutes, then slice thinly.
5. Blend dressing ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Toss warm sliced lamb with prepared vegetables in dressing and serve.