Faux fur is a stylish way to stay warm this winter – and it’s cruelty free! Go for shaggy fur, or sleek for a more formal look. Whether it’s for a special occasion or a walk to the dairy, you’re sure to look fabulous.
- I have this coat! It feels luxuriously woolley, but in actual fact is all synthetic. The stretch sleeves make it comfortable and the front can be turned back, or crossed over in chilly conditions. The contrast of the fur outside and the suede inside is gorgeous
- This coloured top brightens and lightens the ensemble
- The nude shoes add interest and a contrasting colour is a great way to add personality to an outfit.
- This coat looks amazing with formal wear but can be worn casually also
- Don’t be afraid to wear fur with jeans. I love the contrast of a dressy coat with a casual outfit
- If you have a beautiful dress coat waiting for a special occasion, get it out and wear it to the supermarket!
- This one is for the casual dresser. A little hint of fur trim will look great without making you feel like a polar bear
- If you are new to fur, try a trim on hoods, gloves or scarves
- The trim is detachable, which is a great option for days when you may want to be fur-free.
- Gorgeous and snuggly, this cape looks great worn with boots during the day and can instantly transform an outfit to super-glam for the evening
- The scalloped shape is very flattering – nobody needs a horizontal line through their tummy!
- The bright red dress is a very easy skater shape and makes the perfect winter-day dress. This look could be worn to the office, lunch or dinner.
Take a look at 20 winter walking essentials here.
About Lisa O'Neill
New Zealand Woman's Weekly fashion editor Lisa O'Neill enjoys using her style skills to change Kiwi lives. “I want to help women be the best version of themselves that they can be. It’s not about buying expensive clothes – it is about feeling good in what they wear.”more of this author