NZ Woman's Weekly

Halle Berry seeks permanent protection order against Gabriel Aubry after brawl

Halle Berry seeks permanent protection order against Gabriel Aubry after brawl

Following the brutal bust-up between Gabriel Aubry and Halle Berry’s fiancé Olivier Martinez, the 46-year-old actress is trying to make the restraining order against her ex permanent.

Last week, a judge ordered a temporary restraining order that stated the French-Canadian model cannot be within 100m of Halle and her family after he allegedly initiated the fight between him and Olivier, resulting in both men being hospitalised.

Tensions have been building between the trio for the past few weeks during the custody trial over Halle and Gabriel’s daughter Nahla (4).

A judge recently refused Halle’s request to move her daughter to France and the fight is said to have broken out over this matter when Gabriel was dropping off Nahla to her mother’s on Thanksgiving.

The temporary restraining order expires on Tuesday, and Halle – who left her home accompanied by police on motorcycles and bodyguards after the incident – is seeking to make the order more permanent.

“If Gabriel can’t control himself enough to protect Nahla from emotional trauma, it’s too risky for him to be around the child, Halle or her fiancé,” a source told TMZ.

NZWW Cover-Nov-24-2014

Subscribe to the magazine

Inside Wendyl's world

This week, we go inside the private world of Green Goddess Wendyl Nissen!

New Zealand Woman's Weekly is the country's most-loved women's magazine, bringing a wide variety of news, stories, recipes and helpful hints to the home every week.

Subscribe now

Subscribe to our newsletters

Receive the latest celebrity news, recipes and beauty tips, delivered right to your inbox.

Subscribe